Kerrie Boyle has litigated hundreds of medical malpractice and personal injury cases to resolution representing both plaintiffs and defendants. Her practice includes medical malpractice cases, pursuing pharmaceutical companies in mass tort litigation involving various drugs and medical devices, and litigating catastrophic personal injuries. She has tried many cases throughout the United States and handled a wide range of complex matters involving misdiagnosis, failure to timely diagnose, and surgical complications. In the fast-paced world of litigation, Kerrie thinks about what needs to be done as quickly as possible while still achieving a high-quality outcome.
Kerrie currently handles Bailey Glasser’s multidistrict litigation (MDL) case management related to numerous hernia mesh claims filed across the country. She employs a detail-oriented and thorough approach to cases, and is particularly attentive when reviewing medical records, developing litigation workflow, (adhering to task and schedule requirements), and evaluating and preparing case strategy.
Kerrie utilizes both internal and external specialists to develop trial themes. She also uses concept and focus group methodologies to identify key facts and issues to win cases. Kerrie has successfully conducted/interviewed juries for high profile civil and criminal defense cases. Through use of her project management approach, Kerrie can obtain high quality results for her clients.
Government Service / Previous Employment
- Intern, Public Defender Corporation, Lewisburg, West Virginia (2002)
- Law Clerk, West Virginia Senior Legal Aid (2001 – 2002)
- Obtained a confidential settlement for young man injured from an exploding food container
- Resolved a claim for a teenager in sexual assault case
- Represented former client against mortgage company for improperly asserting a lien against her home
- Resolved claims on behalf of a dozen patients whose medical information was breached
- Representing young woman sexually assaulted while vacationing abroad
- Representing numerous clients who have been injured by hernia mesh products
- Representing women who were implanted with defective contraceptive devices
Community and Professional Activities
- American Association of Justice
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- Member, West Virginia Women Moving Forward Committee