If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a preventable accident in Florida, help is available at Bailey & Glasser, LLP. Our attorneys can seek maximum financial compensation for you and your family in the aftermath of a devastating accident. We have years of experience handling many different types of injuries and accidents, including complex and challenging claims. Our lawyers will be here for you every step of the way. Request a free case consultation to learn more about how we can help.
Why Choose Us?
- Our attorneys care about their clients and use personalized legal strategies to achieve top results. We are passionate about invest in our clients and know what it takes to win.
- We have secured over $2 billion in settlements and verdicts for past clients. Our lawyers can overcome any obstacles, with over 3,000 cases resolved.
- We will bring a unique blend of resources, legal knowledge and trial experience to your Florida personal injury case while you focus on healing.
How Can an Attorney Help?
If you have been injured in an accident in Florida, it is important to seek legal representation from a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process to pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.
Your attorney can answer your legal questions, investigate your accident, collect medical records and other evidence to prove your injuries, search for proof of fault, identify the defendant(s), hire qualified experts to testify, and take over negotiations with an insurance company for optimal case results. A lawyer can also take your case to trial, if necessary.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a type of civil lawsuit that is filed by an injured accident victim or family member in pursuit of financial compensation (also known as damages) from the person or party that caused the injury. In this type of claim, the injured victim becomes the plaintiff and the accused party is the defendant.
The plaintiff’s side of the case must prove that the defendant owed a duty of care, breached this duty, and caused the injury or harm in question. A duty of care is an obligation to act responsibly based on the circumstances. These are the elements that prove negligence, which is a failure to exercise ordinary care. Negligence is the foundation for most personal injury claims.
Our Practice Areas
Various types of accidents can lead to personal injury cases in Florida. The negligent, careless, reckless or wrongful actions of another party could result in serious injuries to one or more victims that entitle them to financial compensation. Common injuries claimed include broken bones, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, soft-tissue injuries and internal injuries.
At Bailey & Glasser, LLP, our lawyers have years of experience handling many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents – collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, pedestrians and bicyclists, often caused by torts such as drunk driving, distracted driving and driver error.
- Premises liability – injuries caused by a defective or dangerous premises, such as dog bites, slip and fall accidents, and negligent security.
- Product liability – defective or unsafe products that cause injury, including firearms, medical devices, drugs and automotive parts.
- Medical malpractice – injury caused to a patient through the negligent act or omission of a health care professional, including birth injuries and surgical errors.
- Wrongful death – the loss of a life due to someone else’s negligence, such as a fatal car crash, deadly workplace disaster or terminal illness (e.g., mesothelioma from asbestos exposure).
No matter what type of accident injured you or took a loved one’s life, our attorneys can help. We will listen to your story and let you know if your case has merit. If our group of lawyers cannot currently take your case, we will refer you to someone who can.
What Compensation Is Available?
A successful personal injury case in Florida could pay you and your family for a variety of economic and noneconomic losses. Any type of loss that you suffered because of someone else’s negligence could become a compensable damage in a personal injury lawsuit.
Examples of damages include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Losses of income and earning opportunities
- Lost future capacity to earn
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Property damage repairs
- Out-of-pocket and transportation costs
- Pain, suffering and emotional distress
- Funeral bills and wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages, in some cases
Every case is unique. The potential value of your claim is something you should discuss with an attorney. Although no amount of money can reverse the harm that you have suffered, a fair settlement or jury verdict can help your family move forward and rebuild your life as much as possible.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Our personal injury attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis at Bailey & Glasser, LLP. This means you won’t pay us anything upfront to take your case. You will only pay attorney’s fees if and when we win your case. If we don’t secure any financial compensation for your personal injury claim, you will owe us $0. If we do win your case, we will deduct our fees directly out of the settlement or jury verdict won rather than billing you directly.
Our fee is calculated as a percentage of the overall financial award achieved on your behalf. We will communicate our rate with you prior to taking the case for your approval. Our fee percentage will depend on factors such as how much work the case will take, including whether we believe it will have to go to trial. Our fees are always reasonable and transparent.
Contact a Florida Personal Injury Lawyer Today
It is important to fully understand your rights and the legal process before filing a personal injury claim in Florida. An attorney at Bailey & Glasser, LLP can work closely with you during every step of the legal process, offering guidance and advice about your particular situation. We will treat your family like our own, making sure you have everything you need during this difficult time.
For more information about a potential personal injury claim, contact us for a free case evaluation. Our Florida law office is based in St. Petersburg and located at 360 Central Avenue, Suite 1450. You can call this office directly at (727) 894-6745, or use our general phone number at (877) 852-0342 to request your free case consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.