Bailey & Glasser, LLP is a law firm with extensive experience across a broad range of cases, including product liability lawsuits, defective medical device injuries, employment actions, and asbestos and mesothelioma cases. Our personal injury attorneys can help if you have been injured by the negligence of another person or party, including major corporations in mass tort actions. We are dedicated to the pursuit of justice, consumer protection and holding wrongdoers accountable. To discuss a potential mass tort claim with an attorney, contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Bailey & Glasser, LLP?
- We have the experience and ability to handle mass torts in a variety of complex practice areas. Our attorneys have spent more than 20 years representing clients.
- Our law firm has successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients through lawsuits, mass torts and class actions. We can overcome any challenge.
- You will pay us nothing upfront. Our mass tort attorneys handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we will only charge a fee if we successfully resolve your claim.
What Is a Mass Tort?
A mass tort is a legal action involving harm or injury to numerous people. This type of litigation typically occurs when victims are injured on a large scale by a common defendant, such as employees at a business, victims of an environmental hazard or consumers injured by a defective product. A mass tort consists of a large group of people who share the same grievance against the same party or parties. Consolidating these cases into a single lawsuit is more efficient and cost-effective for victims.
Mass Tort vs. Class Action
A mass tort is not the same as a class action lawsuit. Although both types of cases involve a large group of plaintiffs, mass torts typically involve fewer people, and often have varying levels of injuries. During a mass tort, each plaintiff is still treated as an individual. This means that each plaintiff must prove certain facts, such as how he or she was harmed by the defendant. In a class action, the group of plaintiffs is represented by a single individual (the class representative), and all members are treated as one plaintiff.
What Types of Mass Torts Does Bailey & Glasser, LLP Handle?
At Bailey & Glasser, LLP, we have established a reputation among our peers and the community for successful mass tort claims and class actions. Our attorneys have the knowledge, experience and resources to accept many different types of mass torts. Our practice areas include, but are not limited to:
- Product liability claims – lawsuits filed against manufacturing companies and distributors for defective products that injure or kill consumers.
- Toxic exposure claims – claims filed for exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Employment litigation – cases against companies and employers for the mistreatment of employees, including litigation regarding ERISA, 401k plans and ESOP.
From defective medical devices and prescription drugs to mass employment actions against major corporations, Bailey & Glasser, LLP is prepared to fight for you. We can help no matter what type of tort was committed against you. If you are part of a larger group of injured parties, we have the tools to represent you.
Work With Bailey & Glasser, LLP to File a Mass Tort
If you have been injured and are part of a larger group of plaintiffs with similar grievances, you may be eligible to initiate or join a mass tort. As your legal representatives, Bailey & Glasser, LLP will handle the legal process for you. Our attorneys will fight for maximum financial compensation on your behalf while you focus on your future. Contact us online or by calling (618) 619-2881 to request a free case consultation.