Truck accidents are often catastrophic or fatal for those involved. Large commercial trucks can cause life-threatening injuries to those in the smaller vehicle. Bailey & Glasser, LLP is a law firm dedicated to helping people who have been injured in truck accidents in Lakeland. We have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations that govern the trucking industry and can help you navigate a claim after getting injured in this type of crash. Contact us for a free case consultation.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
During a truck accident claim, you may have to face an insurance corporation’s tactics to pay you as little as possible for your injuries and medical expenses. If you do not hire an attorney, you could be at risk of settling for less than you deserve. This can be dangerous if you have a severe injury, as you may be looking at a lifetime of foreseeable medical expenses. Once you accept a settlement, you cannot reopen your case.
A truck accident attorney in Lakewood can take over negotiations with an insurance company on your behalf to negotiate for maximum financial compensation. A law firm will have the power to take your case to court, if necessary, to seek a greater payout. Most importantly, hiring an attorney can take the stress of the legal process off your shoulders. You can relax, rest and focus on healing while an experienced professional handles legal matters for you.
Unique Elements of a Truck Accident Claim
A truck accident claim is not the same as a typical car accident case. It has unique elements that create a more complex legal landscape for victims to navigate. You may be dealing with trucking company negligence, for example, rather than just an error made by an individual driver. These issues often require an attorney’s professional guidance.
Some of the elements that make truck accident cases unique are:
- Federal rules and regulations – the trucking industry has a range of special rules to help prevent accidents. Accidents may be caused by violations of these laws, such as overloaded cargo beds, broken hours-of-service regulations, and improper truck maintenance.
- Catastrophic injuries – the size and weight of big rigs make them particularly dangerous in collisions, often causing catastrophic damage. Victims may suffer permanent injuries such as traumatic brain damage or spinal cord injuries.
- Types of evidence – truck accident lawsuits often involve evidence such as the truck’s black box, electronic data recorders, trucking company compliance records, truck driver histories, truck maintenance records, and employment documents.
- Complex liability – rather than only having another driver to blame, the defendant in a truck accident case could be the trucking company, cargo company, truck manufacturer, maintenance team, or a combination of parties.
- Powerful adversaries – in a truck accident case, you will be facing not only an insurance company but a trucking corporation and its aggressive legal team. The trucking company may send a rapid response team to the scene of the crash immediately to gather evidence.
The attorneys at Bailey & Glasser, LLP know how to effectively investigate truck accidents, search for evidence of negligence or wrongdoing, hire accident reconstruction experts and medical professionals, and take other steps to build strong truck accident cases for our clients. We are prepared to handle any challenge that comes our way.
Contact Us Today
Navigating a truck accident claim need not be a solitary battle. An attorney can champion your rights and interests. At Bailey & Glasser, LLP, we devote time to understanding our client’s situations, hearing their stories, and formulating a bespoke legal strategy for each case. Beyond truck accidents, we extend our expert legal assistance to Lakeland residents dealing with wrongful death, medical malpractice, and birth injury cases. Our commitment remains steadfast in providing top-tier representation to all our clients.
If you have been injured or a loved one died in a truck accident in Lakeland, act quickly to protect your legal rights. Contact us as soon as possible to begin the legal process. Call our St. Petersburg location at (727) 894-6745 to schedule a free case evaluation.